If you have a private water well, do you get it tested every year? Did you know Iowa has a water well program that allows private well owners to have their private well water tested for free?
Tune in as Olivia interviews Catherine DeLong, Water Quality Program Manager for Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. In this episode, they discuss the importance of having your private well water tested yearly, the things you would want to test for, and the resources to help.
• County Environmental Health Sanitarians for the Iowa Department of Natural Resources: http://www.iowasrf.com/media/cms/Sanitarians5_1A50952E9532E.pdf
• Extension Staff by county: https://www.extension.iastate.edu/countyservices/
• The Private Well Class: https://privatewellclass.org/
• Iowa Department Of Natural Resouces: https://www.iowadnr.gov/
• State of Iowa Department of Health and Human Services: https://hhs.iowa.gov/
• State Hygienic Laboratory at The University of Iowa: http://www.shl.uiowa.edu/
• Drinking Water Quality in Iowa from Iowa State University Extension and Outreach - Natural Resource Stewardship: https://naturalresources.extension.iastate.edu/drinking-water-quality-iowa